Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Matter Of Balance?

Early on in my mothering career, I sought to balance being a stay at home mom with working at home. What did it look like for me you ask?

You'll need to know how I get things done. I love to learn new things and I had a "million" things going on at once. I tried to "balance" everything much like a juggler kept objects in motion in the air. You guessed it. I could only keep everything I had going on for a certain amount of time. Usually it was 1 week. Sometimes I got it up to 2 weeks. Has that ever happened to you? You want so bad to do everything well, that you give it your best shot - but it didn't last?

Needless to say, I was pretty frustrated. I had my fair share of ups and downs building my business and parenting my children at the same time. Thank God I have an awesome business coach who pointed out to me that what I was doing was like being yoked to slavery. That sounds serious, doesn't it? Surely what I was doing wasn't THAT serious...

Or was it?

So what did I learn to do?

I'm sure many of you have heard it before...can you guess what it is?

PRIORITIZE. More on this to come...

No comments: